Friday, April 1, 2011

Lord You Are Good and Your Mercy Endureth Forever!

The Lord is wildly pursuing my heart and totally refining me! I've been asking Him to do so for so long and it is so awesome that in His timing, He is teaching me so much. It's not the easiest thing in the world to have the dark corners of my heart exposed, but I am loving it because He is at work. I love the way C.S. Lewis talks about this:

"If you let Me, I'll make you perfect. The moment you put yourself in My hands, that's what you're in for. Nothing less or other than that. You have free will, and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you don't, understand that I'm going to see this job through. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life, whatever inconceivable purification it may cost you after death, whatever it costs Me, I will never rest, nor let you rest until you are literally perfect. This I do and will do. But I will not do anything less."

When we FINALLY give ourselves completely over to the Lord, He is ready with huge hands to scrape out all the dross from our hearts. It's not easy to let go of control because it's one of the things we hold on to the most. It's not easy to see all the ugliness of ourselves. But when all the ugliness is removed, there is that much more room for the beauty of what the Lord has for us next :) He is SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment