Thursday, March 24, 2011

Trust

"If there are any two things more incompatible than oil and water, they are TRUST and WORRY. Would you call it trust if you asked a friend to do something for you, and then spent your time worrying about whether the matter would be properly handled? And can you call it trust, when you have given to the Lord the saving and keeping of your soul, and are STILL spending day after day, night after night in anxiety and doubt? When a person REALLY trusts a matter to someone else, he ceases to worry about it. If he continues to worry, it is clear that he doesn't trust."

I am the world's worst about this. I keep everything bottled up OR I talk to other people about it, instead of talking to the Lord first... and then when I finally get around to telling Jesus about it, I tell Him that He can have it, all of it, all of me...then start talking to someone and talk about how worried I am about it OR usually...lay in bed at night, restless, because I have so much bubbling up inside of me. OBVIOUSLY...I am not trusting.

Trusting is hard. It's hard to surrender. But it is so worth it. And you would think that I have learned this lesson by now. As Beth Moore says, don't be satisfied with the puddle just because it comes to you before the lake. Don't compromise what the Lord has promised you. Hold out for what He has for you! Listen to His voice-He'll blow you away.

Wait for the Lord. Be strong, take heart, and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

"What does it mean to trust someone to do a piece of work for you? It means letting that person do it, and feeling no need to do it yourself. Every one of us has trusted very important tasks to other people in this way. If we had confidence in those people, we felt perfectly safe in doing so. Mothers trust their precious babies to the care of relatives or baby-sitters without any great anxiety. All of us trust our health and our lives every day to cooks, bus drivers, mechanics, and all sorts of workmen who could ill us or ruin our lives in an instant, either deliberately or by a moment's carelessness. We never feel that we are doing anything in the least remarkable when we put ourselves at the mercy of people whom we know only slightly, it at all. You yourself could not live on this earth and go through the routine of a single day if you couldn't trust your fellow men. It never enters your head to say you cannot. Yet you do not hesitate to say, continually, that you cannot trust your God!"

You are the strength that keeps my walking.
You are the hope that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose, You're everything.

So how can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would You tell me how could it be any better than this?

'Cause You're ALL I want, ALL I need, You're EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment