Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's March! :)

I've had a lot of people talk to me about college lately. High school junior and seniors, adults, different types of people. I do my best to be real about it-encouraging AND truthful. Truth is...moving to college was one of the hardest things I've ever done...but it is also one of my greatest blessings.

It's hard because almost all of my relationships have changed. That doesn't really have to do with college, but I guess it's just a a part of growing up. The people whom I thought would never leave...I rarely talk to anymore. Their interests have changed, and mine have too. Even the people at DBU whom I spent every waking minute with last semester aren't around much anymore.

But life is good...because this is only a season! New relationships will form and old ones will be strengthened. God is faithful.

I'm learning that you have to trust God and step out in blind-as-a-bat faith. Even if that means giving Him your deepest, darkest secrets...your most special memories...your most painful prayer request...your best friends, closest relatives, and the people you love the most. Giving Him your hopes, your dreams, your gifts is the best thing you can do. He is the Man worth giving your heart to! We don't have to worry about Him shattering our hearts. He is Jehovah Rapha-God the Healer.

"Partial surrender is no surrender at all."

Surrender your heart and mind to Him...He is so worth trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment