Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sixteen!

I am thankful that my parents are alive. It sounds kind of strange to say, but I am. My friend Colton lost his dad yesterday. My precious cousins lost both of her parents fifteen months ago. My friend Ahseante lost his dad around a year ago, right after senior year started. My friend Matt lost his dad a few years ago. Anna, Brooke, Aaron, Jordyn, Labri, and so many more... it's not fair. It breaks my heart. I feel heavily burdened for these people. They say nothing is worse than having to bury your child. But then how terrible is it compared to being a high school or college student when you need your parents the most and having to bury them?

If you're in this list, I'm sorry. I hate it when people say that...but I truly am. I wish I could somehow erase time and tell them to take better care of themselves and not get heart attacks...to go to the doctor to catch the cancer early...to not get in the car and drive today... I feel heartbroken, heart-shattered for you. I am praying for you and I love you. I don't know how it feels but I'm here.

Thank you Lord for keeping Mama and Daddy safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment