Monday, November 15, 2010

13, 14, 15.

I am thankful for MUSIC! Music is so much a part of me. Growing up, we belted out no matter where we were. My mom stands at the dryer and sings at the top of her lungs. Awesome songs-oldies, worship, "classic" country (if Conway Twitty could be classified as classic.. :) ). My dad harmonizes with her and my brother and I chime in almost always. When my parents don't start it, my brother and I do. When we go driving together, Phillip and I can not say a word-only sing. And it is just as companionable as having a fulfilling conversation. I love that God created music and made it to where we could have it always. Music encourages, inspires, uplifts, bridges gaps, binds people together, is a constant. Music has helped my cousin heal tremendously. It's helped me heal tremendously. It is powerful! I have a passion for singing and I lovelovelove jamming out.

I am also thankful for the COLD WEATHER! I freaking LOVE winter. It is my absolute favorite! It's not even that cold yet, but I am thankful that it's cooling down at least. I love everything about winter. I have most of my Christmas gifts planned out-which was difficult because I have around 15 dollars to last me through Christmas, BUT-I got some cheap, homemade ideas and i am PUMPED! I can't wait for coffee shop hang outs, movie nights with my friends, jackets, warm clothes, the holidays, you name it!

Today, I am thankful for my friend Whitney Wheeler. She is my "forever friend." I don't get to see her often, but we always seem to pick up where we left off. She is one of the few people that "get" me, which isn't always easy :) I love her! She shares my passion for singing at the top of our lungs, loves the Lord, and is so beautiful. I love getting to spend time with her! I wish we could do it more. I love you, WhitneyDrew! God has blessed me beyond measure by your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment